I’m not a “grown up” yet, far from it. But I’m so different to how I used to be.I wonder if there is one discrete event in your life, be it earth shattering or miniscule, that makes you truly identify yourself as an adult. Or whether it slowly creeps up on you and one day you turn around and you have a career and a house and a partner and you go “shit, I’ve grown up”. It’s just something that’s been playing on my mind - I am infinitely more together, grounded, happy, realistic and god knows what else than I was even 2 years ago. I wonder how much I’ll change again before I’m actually an adult.Or maybe I’ll just head for the second star to the right, and straight on ‘til morning.
Should really be getting ready for rugby.
Instead I’m chilling here in front of E4, feeling rather like a glutton after devouring a hefty portion of the beef stew that’s been in the slow cooker for the better part of 12 hours. Damn it was delicious.
I’m terrified about the amount of work I have to do…
- 4000 word Literature Review
- 3000 word Forensic Psych essay
- Non limited academic Forensic Psych poster
- 5000 word Thinking Creatively wiki (group project)
- 3 x 500 word Thinking Creatively reflective blogs
- 3 Clinical Psychology lectures to write up
- 300 pages of Clinical Psych reading
- A total of about 60 papers to read
Final year is quite frankly fucking me over.
…off to run round in the cold and the mud and forget about everything for 2 hours.